Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hi gang,

Sorry I haven't updated the blog in 8 days. I did post to YouTube last week and the videos are getting some hits but I didn't discuss them here so here goes. Hopefully I will get another couple of videos up today.

Three of my four videos from last weekend had to do with Plate Cards. I did a video explaining what they are and showing some of the cards I have made over the last year in my personal scrapbooking. Basically what they are is a home decor item. I take a square dessert plate and display it on a small plate easel. In the middle of the plate I have velcro dots which hold the Plate Cards. I have made Plate Cards for different seasons, holidays, special occasions etc. Here is a picture of my favorite Plate Card which is for Easter.

I need to give credit for this idea to Kelly DeSoto, who introduced me to the Plate Card Idea. It is not my own, but many of the cards are.


I won't do a demo video of this card because the stamp I used is now retired. I am thinking about taking some of the better cards which use retired stamps and selling kits to make them. I would prestamp them and mail them out. Let me know if you would be interested in something like that.

The video that shows the different cards I have made is below. Not all of the cards were used with Stampin' Up! products but I plan to redesign them so that I can demo them for Stampin' Up!



After showing the idea in the video, I did a tutorial video to make a cute Valentines Plate Card. I know this is not the right time for Valentine products, but these cards should be made ahead and used all  year. Besides, I just really like this design. Here  is the finished product.




How cute is that? Here's the tutorial:




I also made two other videos showing techniques used in the making of this Plate Card. I didn't want the tutorial video to be too long, so I did a video on how to tie the perfect knot in Stampin' Up! ribbon. If your knot tying skills are good then you wouldn't need to watch the video, but if not, then it is there for you to see. It will also be linked to other videos that require ribbon in the future.

Here is the ribbon knot tying video:




The last video I made was to show a technique used to emboss the border around  the  Plate Card. I used the Framed Tulips Embossing folder for the border, but the folder is larger than the project. So I show you how to use it to emboss the border properly. Again, it is a pretty simple technique, but if you are having trouble with this type of work, then it may be of help to you. Again, I am sure this technique will be used in the future so the one video can be linked to any future tutorials which will help to shorten their length.




As always, please subscribe to my YouTube channel and leave any comments.  I would love to hear from you by email too with any comments or suggestions. If you  like the ideas shown, please feel free to visit my Stampin' Up! store to purchase the items needed to make them or email me and I will contact you to take your order.  


Thanks for watching, I hope you like my tutorials and again, I would love to hear from you with any comments or suggestions. 

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment